View Hours and Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Recycling Drop-off center; 210 HOLT ROAD:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm;
Saturday: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Scale house hours are different:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm;
Saturday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
CYR Yard Waste Facility; Sharpner's Pond Road:
Open from Mid April through Mid December
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm - closed on Holidays.
Sticker required to enter the site. Stickers available for purchase by CHECK at the DPW during business hours. Bring license & registration
How to Reach Us
The North Andover Sustainability Committee is looking for new members and/or volunteers to help us with our current initiatives. Our mission is to serve as a resource and advocate for environmental sustainability in our town, focusing on resource conservation, waste reduction, and energy efficiency.
This year our main goals include:
- Reduce food waste in our schools and incorporate composting of food scraps to promote sustainability for our children’s future. In June 2018, we applied for a school recycling assistance grant from the MA DEP. Stay tuned this fall to find out if we received the funding and can get better recycling and composting going district-wide.
- Organize and promote our annual Town-Wide Clean-Up Day, which takes place at the end of April. It takes place out of the DPW (384 Osgood St.) where you can get outfitted with gloves, grabbers, and trash bags to help you (and your kids too if they would like!) clean up a section of our town in celebration of Earth Day.
- Promote rain barrel usage throughout the community in an effort to conserve water. We have an annual promotion beginning in February to order and pre-pay for your barrel from www.greatamericanrainbarrel.com but they are also available year round. (Go to Community Programs and select North Andover). Barrels are as low as $64.00 during the promotion and are available for pick-up during our Town-Wide Cleanup event. We typically display the barrels in late March/early April at the Stevens Memorial Library, the YMCA, and Town Hall—go check one out!
- Promote backyard composting by educating the community on the benefits of this waste reducing practice that will also help your gardens. Currently our Committee, along with the DPW, are doing a promotion selling the Earth Machine compost bin for only $25.00 plus tax.
- Improve residential and commercial recycling participation in North Andover, including at Town Parks and on the streets of North Andover. Recycling is at the core of our mission, and we would love to hear your ideas on how we can promote greater participation throughout the community.
- If you have any interest in helping out with any of these initiatives, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or join us at our next monthly meeting. It’s a great way to become involved with the community and help make a positive impact on North Andover’s environmental footprint.
Also, please look for us at upcoming North Andover festivals and the Farmers Market this summer. We look forward to meeting you!