View Hours and Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
How to Reach Us
All Town Departments shall comply with the new Public Records Law and regulations as set forth by the Secretary of State (950 CMR 32.00).
The following Departments shall have Records Access Officers (RAO): Town Manager, Police and Fire.
How to Request a Public Record
- Public records requests can be made in person, orally or in writing.
- Requests shall include a reasonable description of the requested record
- Written requests may be delivered to the business address, in person, by mail or email.
- The Records Access Officer (RAO) may suggest a reasonable modification of scope of the request if doing so would produce records more efficiently and more affordably.
Response to Requests
- The RAO shall provide a written response within 10 business days following the receipt of request.
- The RAO may request a reasonable extension and shall identify a reasonable timeframe in that exemption, if the requestor agrees
- If a denial is in order the RAO must provide written notice to requestor within ten business days of receipt of request.
- A RAO may assess a reasonable fee for the production of a public record unless that record is readily available for public inspection.
- Estimated fees shall be itemized in writing.
- A RAO may delay records until all fees are received.
- Appeals shall be made to the Supervisor of Records within 90 calendar days of the date of response.
- The Supervisor shall issue a written determination within 10 business days.
- The Supervisor may at his/her discretion conduct a hearing.
If you have questions or concerns regarding a public record request, please call 978-688-9510 or send an email to Records Access Officer at email@example.com.