Recycling Drop Off Center:
210 Holt Road, North Andover
(on the left off of route 125 heading towards Bradford)
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 6:00AM to 5:00PM and Saturday 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Closed Sunday.
For those residents that are not serviced by the municipalities' curbside recycling program (condo complexes in Town for example), your single stream recycling can be brought to the recycling center on Holt Road. All single stream recyclable materials are accepted here during their hours of operation.
Recycling Notice (8/23/19) - Residential recycling drop-off service at the TBI facility on 210 Holt Road has resumed. Please be aware that the recycling containers are being relocated next to the scale house. Residents can access the area at the next driveway up from where they would normally drive into the site. As reported previously, curbside trash and recycling pickup is also proceeding as normal.
All recyclables, with the exception of waste oil, should be taken to the drop off facility. Acceptable materials include:
- Paper (including shredded)
- Glass, steel, aluminum and plastics
- Mercury-bearing products
- Batteries (Automobile, Household, Button and Nickel Cadmium)
- Electronic wastes
- Fire Extinguishers (empty)
- 1lb and 20lb propane tanks (empty)
- Large appliances (such as dishwashers, refrigerators, air conditioners and dehumidifiers, etc.)
- Fluorescent light bulbs and ballasts
- Scrap Metal
Please call the facility to schedule an appliance pick-up or if you have a question about leaving a bulky item* out on your scheduled trash day.
All other items that had previously been taken on the first and third Saturday will no longer be accepted at the Department of Public Works (DPW) but will be accepted at the TBI facility. Waste oil (and oil filters) will continue to be accepted at the DPW on the first and third Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 NOON. (There is a fee for this service.)
Recycling Helpful Hints
CHECK OUT THE RECYCLING AT A GLANCE LINK for the “how to” of recycling.
- Please do not ever bag your recyclables! Single stream recycling should be clean and never bagged, it gets tangled around machinery and takes hours to undo. We thank you for your attention to this
- Single-stream recycling means that all recyclables may be placed in one covered container that has been marked as recycle or recycling. Town of North Andover red bins may still be used, or stop by the DPW Office and pick-up green recycling stickers for your own bins or barrels. (Please do not use a container larger than 64 gallons or that will weigh more than 50 pounds when full.)
- Please pack barrels loosely so that the items will easily fall out when tipped to be emptied. (Especially when recycling cardboard and other stiffer items.)
- Both trash and recycling are now picked up every week – placed curbside by 7 AM.
- Please place the recycling separately away from your trash – like the opposite side of the driveway if possible.
If you have any question or concerns you may call TBI at 978-686-2020 or the DPW at 978-685-0950.
* GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR BULKY ITEM PICKUP ON REGULARLY SCHEDULED TRASH DAY:
ONE ITEM PLACED CURBSIDE WITH THE TRASH EACH WEEK. HUMIDIFIER; SWING SET 4' LENGTHS & 4" in diameter OR LESS (METAL ONLY); PIPES 4' LENGTHS & 4" in diameter OR LESS; BULKHEAD DOORS; DESK; LADDER; BARRELS; HEATER (GAS & ELECTRIC); SCREEN HOUSE (BROKEN INTO 4' LENGTHS); LAWN MOWER (PUSH ONLY-NO FLUID) UNDER 60 POUNDS; SNOW BLOWER (PUSH ONLY-NO FLUID) UNDER 60 POUNDS; GAS GRILL (WITHOUT PROPANE TANKS); BASEBOARD HEATER; ALUMINUM OR METAL DOOR; ENTRY DOOR; SLIDING GLASS DOOR (BREAK GLASS OUT); RUG (1 ROOM PER WK-4' LENGTH TAPED OR TIED); SINK; TOILET; WOOD BURNING STOVE (UNDER 60 POUNDS); GUTTERS; RADIATOR (UNDER 60 POUNDS); FURNACE (UNDER 60 POUNDS); ONE PIECE OF FURNITURE AT A TIME NOT A SET; MATTRESS & BOX SPRING; A SMALL AMOUNT OF DEMO……..IE: WINDOW CASING CUT IN 4' LENGTHS-TIED TOGETHER-1 BUNDLE A WEEK