Read: Columbia Gas Briefings
Read: North Andover Summary
Read: NTSB Preliminary Report
Columbia Gas aims to have service restored in all homes and workplaces by November 19 through a coordinated community-focused approach. The plan is to bring immediate help to people who need it most. Work continues to find creative solutions to restore gas services earlier than November 19. We will provide additional information as it becomes available. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Affected Customer Helpline: 1-866-388-3239.
Showers are available for residents at the Andover/North Andover YMCA located at 165 Haverhill Street in Andover. You do not need to be a member of the YMCA to use the showers.
Donations for the September 13 fire victims are currently being made to the Greater Lawrence Emergency Fund . Beginning Wednesday, October 3, the application process for the Lawrence Disaster Relief Fund’s financial resources will be open and those in the impacted area may apply in three ways, all of which are available in both English and Spanish. Read more here .
- Columbia Gas #MVGasFire Incident Resource Page
- MVGASFIRE Timeline for the Restoration in North Andover
- Gas Ready Plan By Street - Zone 2
- "House Ready" Information Sheet from Columbia Gas
- Columbia Gas FAQ Regarding Temporary Heat
- Greater Lawrence Resource List
- Outline of Claims Handling for Customers Impacted by @ColumbiaGasMA Natural Gas Event
- Switching to Alternative Fuel Appliance Q and A
- MassRevenue Assistance for Affected Taxpayers
- Residents with lost wages are eligible for unemployment benefits
- Recovery and Gas Line Replacement Efforts
- Fire Officials Offer Safety Advice for Merrimack Valley Residents
- Business Loan Fund Press Release
- All MVGasFire Web Documents
- Find a Red Cross Shelter – 1-800-564-1234
Report a Gas Emergency – 1-800-525-8222