Summer Program Registration began Monday 6/15 at 9:00am! Due to COVID-19 guidelines, registration is held only online.
All NAYRS programs are for North Andover residents only. Stay updated by following our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Please email Demi at [email protected] with any questions, and we hope our community stays healthy & safe during this time!
Creating an Account: The 'account holder' must be an adult, and then you should add your children that you will be signing up for programs as 'account members.' The grades for our programs are all based on your child's grade from the 2019-2020 school year, so please enter their grade in their account member profiles as their 2019-2020 grade. Credit card processing fees apply to online registration.
We have important guidelines and changes for our 6-week playground/recreation programs this year in regards to COVID-19. Please review the guidelines before making the decision to sign up your child for our programs. You can also see Rick's press conference on Youtube here.
Guidelines and Changes for 2020 Summer Programs
- Cohort/Group Size of 10 - This group of 10 will stay together in all activities for a week. The groups will change each week.
- Parents will be required to self screen their child before sending them to the program each day. Parent will fill out a Google Form daily, with a list of screening questions. Staff will also be required to self screen each day before reporting to work.
- Staff will be regularly monitoring children throughout the day.
- There will be a slight increase in staff due to additional duties and responsibilities related to COVID-19.
- Hygiene and health practices (such as washing hands, sanitizer, etc.) will be detailed to parents and participants prior to the start of programs.
- Face masks & coverings: All staff and participants will be required to wear a face mask / covering if the activity does not adhere to 6 foot physical distancing.
- Sports equipment will be sanitized before and after use.
- There will be no physical contact activities at the start of the summer.
- Food safety: parents required to send snacks and drinks in a bag identified by the child’s name. No sharing of any food and drink. No water bubblers will be used at our sites, so packing plenty of water will be a necessity.
- Break times: Cohort groups will have break/snack together, spreading 6 feet apart.
- Bathroom breaks: We will be staggering bathroom breaks for participants in order to limit the amount of people using bathrooms at one time. The bathrooms will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Playgrounds: We have not yet made a decision on whether playground structures will be accessible to program participants at the beginning of the summer.
- Families are encouraged to have the same person do drop-offs and pick-ups each day.
- There will be adjustments to the drop-off and pick-up procedures that will be included in an email to all parents prior to the start of the programs.
- Please be prepared that we may have to cancel due to bad weather more often than usual, as there will be limited use of indoor space at our programs.
- COVID-19 waiver must be signed in order to register for the program.
- We hope as the summer unfolds that there will be a relaxation of restrictions. Massachusetts guidelines are very fluid, and we will be updating families throughout the summer of any changes to our guidelines.
2020 Summer Program Descriptions
The grades for each program are based on the child's grade from the 2019-2020 school year.
Middle School Programs