Dear North Andover family,
Each year, more than 3,000 children call the Joseph N. Hermann Youth Center home. We are so happy to have your family as part of our community this year. Money collected in membership fees allows us to provide a safe and structured facility for your children, with a range of recreation, social, and education activities that help them develop into well-rounded, positive leaders in our community.
Money raised from our Annual Appeal and annual Knight to Shine event allowed us to make the following enhancements to the Joseph N. Hermann Youth Center in 2019:
- Purchased supplies including a new fridge/freezer, equipment shed, picnic tables, couches and chairs, ice skates for our rink, as well as a new raft and life jackets for Stevens Pond
- Funded three new educational initiatives: The Adventure Leaders Program for high school students, the Mentor Volunteer Program for middle school students, and Expressing Mental Health Issues Through Art, a collaborative program with Andover Youth Services and Lawrence’s Elevated Thought Program, focused on teaching young adults how to manage mental health through their artwork
- Provided college scholarships to deserving North Andover students and granted needs-based scholarships for Youth Center memberships, Summer Fun, and other Youth Center programs
In the coming year, we would like to offer new programs, implement upgrades to equipment, and make improvements to the building. We are asking for your financial support so we can enhance Youth Center programs and services with the following:
- New equipment including portable AEDs for our Summer Fun sites; a kitchen stove for the Youth Center; folding chairs for programs and events; a trailer and bike rack for transporting kayaks, canoes and bikes; portable speaker, an accordion portable partition, new basketball rims and backboards for Reynolds Playground; two portable basketball hoops for Sargent Summer Fun; new sand for the outdoor beach volleyball court; and annual maintenance of the Youth Center gym floor
- Additional student programming including the Selfie Project focused on female empowerment; Moving Forward, a support program for children who have lost a loved one; Videography Program to teach students how film, edit and produce videos; tools and kits for a hands-on Woodworking Program; and a Geocaching Program to give kids a fun incentive to be out walking and spending more time in nature
This can only happen with your support. Because your child participates in Youth Center programs, you know the importance of this resource for North Andover children. The facility and its programs, services, and the support it provides to the town’s youth are made possible by charitable contributions from individuals like you. Your contribution is greatly appreciated and is not only an investment in this great facility, but the youth of North Andover.
Rick Green, JNHYC Board of Directors
Board of Directors 2019/2020
Rick Green, President ♦ Peter Radulski, Secretary ♦ Sean Connolly, Treasurer ♦ Alison Trundy, Secretary
Tracy Beaudoin ♦ Meghan Caron ♦ Rebecca D'Entremont ♦ Alyson Kutz
Edward Lynch ♦ Jennifer Scarpa ♦ Claudia Soo Hoo ♦ Hollie Williams
How To Donate?
By Check: Make your check payable to "Joseph N. Hermann Youth Center" and mail it to:
Joseph N. Hermann Youth Center Inc.
P.O. Box 215
North Andover, MA 01845
On-line By Credit Card: Just click here!
Remember to take advantage of corporate matching contributions to help our town!