Public Records

Getting Records You Need!

The Records Department of the North Andover Police Department provides copies of official records to the public. These may be requested in person during our normal business hours Mon, Wed, Thur, 8am-4:30pm, Tues 8am-6pm, Fri, 8am-12pm. You may print the public records request form and mail or bring it to us.

Please take the time to check information availability at the website.

How do I obtain a copy of a record?

Copies of records can be obtained in person at the Records Department of the North Andover Police Department during normal business hours. Business hours are Mon, Wed, Thur 8am-4:30pm, Tues 8am-6pm, Fri 8am-12pm.

The Records Department is located in the front lobby of the North Andover Police Department at 1475 Osgood Street, North Andover, Ma. Records request can also be made via mail, a Records Request Form should be filled-out sent to the records office, along with payment by check (payment to North Andover Police Department), and a self-addressed envelope. This will expedite your request. Please note that there is a nominal charge for all copies of records.

Can I receive a copy of any type of record?

No, under state law certain records are not available. Examples of records which are NOT AVAILBALE include:

  1. Accidents or incidents involving criminal charges, which may result in incarceration and have not been adjudicated.
  2. Accidents or incidents, which are still under investigation.
  3. Records, which are expressly prohibited from disclosure to the public by statute.
  4. Arrest records. You may acquire a copy of your record from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Criminal History System's Board. Forms for such a request are available at the North Andover Police Department, or information may be visiting their website.

How long will it take to obtain the record?

If the record is a public record and it is in our files, you may usually pick it up the next business day. Unusually lengthy records or photographs may take longer.

How do I obtain copies of photographs?

Requests or photographs are made through the same means as copies of records. Please contact the Records Office for a quote on the cost of photographs or having photo(s) on computer disks.

What if I am denied information I think I am entitled to?

First, please call the Records Division Supervisor at 978-683-3168. If after doing so you still believe you have been denied information you are entitled to, you may call the Secretary of the Commonwealths Public Records Division at 617-727-2832 or visit their website.

Privacy Statement:

We will use the information you give us to comply with your public records request. Your request itself is a public record and may be released under the provisions of the Massachusetts Public Records Act. We will not release this information in any other way.

Reports waiting court dates are NOT available. The public must obtain these reports through the District Attorney's Office located at Lawrence District Court, Lawrence, Ma. 978-683-4570.

Download North Andover Records Request Form or a Personal Criminal Record Request:

Need your personal criminal history record from the State of Massachusetts, click here.

If you have further questions please email Pamela DelleChiaie.